Previously in the Emerald Woods...
Checking out a new in-dev version and discussing what we should do about the difficulty of the game and the addition of navigational aids. Let us know what you think in the discord!
Stoltverd finally made some carrot juice, dying a couple of times in the process. He will now continue his quest to bake a carrot cake, will he succeed? Check it out at https://twitch.tv/slashwareinteractive next Wednesday, February 1st 2023, 11AM PST, 7PM GMT
Emerald Woods is a farming and exploration roguelike without combat. There is no town; you are all alone in these vast woods.
You have started a new life in the tranquil Emerald Woods, miles away from any sign of human civilization.
In the distance you have seen some abandoned buildings, what secrets do they hide?
Emerald woods is a game about exploration, survival, and creativity. While it shares many similitudes with the Roguelike genre; Emerald Woods is not a dungeon delver and should not be approached expecting tactical battles.
- No combat
- Farming: Prepare the ground and plant seeds in order to grow food.
- Catch Animals: Explore the land finding out how to capture the native fauna of the woods.
- Building: Gather wood and stone, and build shelters or a big cabin.
- Crafting: Create tools and furniture.
- Fishing: Build a raft and patiently get some fish.
- Cooking: Create delicious and nutritious dishes with local ingredients.
- Painting: Craft paint using berries and make the world your canvas.
- Exploration: Explore woods, caverns, and lakes to find abandoned buildings full of secrets.
Check out the roadmap to see what we are planning to add to the game!
- Lead Designer and Developer: Santiago Zapata (Slashie).
- Narrative and design contributions: Esteban Martinez
- Audio: QuietGecko
- Art style contributions: Mateo Robayo
Powered by JSRL, PIXI.js and unicodetiles.js
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Tags||Seven Day Roguelike Challenge, ascii, Atmospheric, Cozy, Exploration, Farming, Minimalist, Non violent, Retro, Roguelike|
|Average session||A few hours|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
The 10 Early supporters will get their names added to a special book to be found in one of the cabins in the Emerald Woods.
When acquiring this reward, you will be asked for a display name; we will do our best to accommodate it to the in-game lore.
- Emerald Woods - Rafts fix (0.2.10)1 day ago
- Emerald Woods – Survival mode activated (0.2.9)2 days ago
- Emerald Woods - Graphics Overhaul! [0.2.6]20 days ago
- Emerald Woods - now with Graphics! [v0.2.0]53 days ago
- Emerald woods – downloadable! (0.1.4)70 days ago
- Paint the world! v0.1.379 days ago
- Version 0.1.2 released!84 days ago
- Version 0.1.0 releasedMar 23, 2020