Emerald Woods is a no-combat sandbox survival roguelike that allows players to experience escaping modern life to live alone in a mysterious land of forests, lakes, and caverns, inhabited only by strange animals.
Note: We are letting players try out the game in this early phase and let us know what they think about it and in what ways we could improve it. Please join the discord or post your ideas in the forums, and enjoy your life in the woods! :)
Abandoned buildings where uncanny experiments took place decades ago are scattered all around, and the player can discover what happened there by examining documents and other surviving evidence. A company called Genco used to have its headquarters in the area, what happened to them? there will be a new answer to the question every time a new game is started.
In this place, miles away from any other human being, players are free to farm, hunt, build, craft, and scavenge while trying to survive. The game provides new experiences of wonder every time with a fresh new piece of land to explore.
The place is littered with alien fauna as a result of the decades-old experiments, they have adopted the caves and forests as their home. Each species has their own behavior and possibilities for the player to experience the game differently (or just cook them).
It will be up to the player to decide what they want to do in each gameplay session: will they focus on crafting a fantasy castle in the middle of the woods? or maybe roam the land looking for the ingredients to bake a carrot cake? maybe gearing up to explore deep watery caverns, attempting to document all the local fauna or vegetation, or daring to explore the abandoned Genco facilities to discover the full story?
Previously in the Emerald Woods...
Check it out at https://twitch.tv/slashwareinteractive Wednesday and Friday, 12 PM PST, 7 PM UTC
Emerald Woods is a game about exploration, survival, and creativity. While it shares many similitudes with the Roguelike genre; Emerald Woods is not a dungeon delver and should not be approached expecting tactical battles.
- No combat
- Farming: Prepare the ground and plant seeds in order to grow food.
- Seasons: Winter and Spring, and more to come!
- Catch Animals: Explore the land finding out how to capture the native fauna of the woods.
- Building: Gather wood and stone, and build shelters or a big cabin.
- Crafting: Create tools and furniture.
- Fishing: Build a raft and patiently get some fish.
- Cooking: Create delicious and nutritious dishes with local ingredients.
- Painting: Craft paint using berries and make the world your canvas.
- Exploration: Explore woods, caverns, and lakes to find abandoned buildings full of secrets.
Check out the roadmap to see what we are planning to add to the game!
- Narrative and Design: Esteban Martinez
- Audio: QuietGecko
- Pixel Art: Mateo Robayo, Luis Escorcia a.k.a Agua Hervida, Slashie
- Illustrations: Naiyenzo
- Lead Designer and Developer: Santiago Zapata (Slashie).
Powered by PIXI.js
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
The 30 Early supporters will get their names added to specials books to be found in the cabins on the Emerald Woods.
When acquiring this reward, you will be asked for a display name; we will do our best to accommodate it to the in-game lore.
- Emerald Woods - Guidance [0.4.2]60 days ago
- Minor version 0.4.161 days ago
- Emerald Woods - The Magic Backpack [0.4.0]64 days ago
- Emerald Woods - The First Winter [0.3.10]72 days ago
- Emerald Woods - The Shaft [0.3.9]97 days ago
- Emerald Woods - Sweet Home [0.3.8]Nov 20, 2023
- Mobile Unit 01 [0.3.7+0.3.6]Nov 03, 2023
- Emerald Woods - Blueprints [0.3.5]Sep 20, 2023